In today’s episode of Inspirational Journeys, I talked about how I built my author platform. I’ll give you a brief breakdown here, but you’ll have to listen to the episode to get the full story along with my tips and tricks to help you decide, in which direction you want to start building your own author platform.
1. In 2010, I created my personal Facebook profile after creating my Skype account.
2. Later that year, I created a WordPress blog, but let it sit for awhile, until I connected with a fellow writer who taught me about how to create a blog post.
3. In 2011, I started publishing blogposts about music, spirituality, and other topics and tagging them on the WordPress site.
4. After getting my first iPhone in 2014, I downloaded the WordPress app and published posts onto my blog with my phone, uploading Photos when needed.
5. 2013, I was invited to create a Twitter account and started using the twitter app on my phone a year later I downloaded and began using TWBlue as my twitter client in 2015
6. In 2012, I created a YouTube channel so I could save my favorite songs and upload videos I was required to make for my public speaking college course.
7. In 2017, I purchased the premium WordPress plan, which provided me with the annwritesinspiration.com domain name.
8. April 2019, I started the Inspirational Journeys podcast and uploaded my first author interview to my YouTube channel, all while publishing my books and promoting them on my blog and social media.
9. In 2019, I also learned how to upload photos as JPEG files from my computer and imbed them into my blog posts.
To hear my episode in its entirety, visit:
Call to action
What tips can you give for helping aspiring bloggers and authors to help them build their online presence?
Please leave your answers in the comments, message me on social media, or fill out the contact form below. I may share some of your tips on a future podcast episode.
Connect with me on Social Media:
Sbscribe to my podcast at:
And subscribe to my YouTube channel,: