Oh my gosh, this is hilarious, and some of it sounds totally like me when I am tired. I was trying to write on my NaNoWriMo novel, and yes I did get nearly 1300 words in, I still fixed some minute mistakes. But spelling everything wrong or spelling the caracters name four different ways on the page? That’s a good one. LOL!
1 Put off writing until the last possible second because that BuzzFeed quiz is obviously more important (yep).
2. “Accidentally” editing instead of writing because words are hard fixing simple mistakes makes you feel good.
3. Tweet about their works-in-progress (WIPs) as if everyone else knows what they’re talking about (they haven’t read the book!)
4. Crying because your fictional people don’t deserve what you’re about to put them through!
5. For nonfiction writers: Doing whatever it takes to hit that minimum word count. Whatever. It. Takes.
6. Spelling literally every word wrong. Like did you ever actually learn words??
7. Laughing at your own jokes because honestly if they’re funny to you someone else will laugh right? Right….?
8. Just letting your characters take over your story and do whatever they want, even if you’ll delete it all later.
9. Spelling the same name four different ways on the…
View original post 117 more words